Stunning by nature, Brisbane is renowned for its relaxed outdoor lifestyle, friendly locals, cultural scene and diverse attractions.
Brisbane really is the perfect place to ‘rise and shine’.
Brisbane has a sub-tropical climate that’s defined by blue skies and warm sunshine for most of the year.
To do around Brisbane
- Wheel of Brisbane - The Wheel of Brisbane offers a spectacular 360 degree panoramic view of Brisbane City from the heart of Brisbane's cultural, lifestyle and entertainment precinct, The Parklands, South Bank. ASMMIRT 2016 will incorporate the Wheel of Brisbane like never before for a unique healthcare challenge. For more information on this click here.
- Brisbane City Hall clock tower tour - this iconic landmark is free to tour and is open to the public seven days a week from 10am - 5pm. This will be a special venue for ASMMIRT 2016. Stay tuned for announcements.
- South Bank Precinct and Streets Beach - Australia's only beach in the middle of the city, Streets Beach is one of South Bank's most popular attractions.
- Story Bridge Climb - The Story Bridge Adventure Climb is a soft adventure experience walk on top of the iconic structure. It's one of Brisbane's must-do leisure experiences and a spectacular way to discover the city and surrounding areas.
- Loan Pine Koala Sanctuary - Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary is the world's first and largest koala sanctuary, with 80 years of experience and over 130 koalas.
- QPAC - The Queensland Performing Arts Centre hosts world class entertainment in the Concert Hall, Lyric Theatre, Cremorne Theatre and the Playhouse. It's the second home to the state's leading performing arts companies - Queensland Theatre Company, Queensland Ballet, Queensland Orchestra and Opera Queensland.
- Brisbane's Botanical Gardens - The Brisbane Botanic Gardens at Mount Coot-tha are Queensland's premier subtropical botanic gardens. These 52 hectare gardens are situated seven kilometres from the city centre, and offer a variety of environments and natural wildlife.
- Mt Coot-tha - Panoramic views of the city, stretching out to Moreton Bay and around to the distant mountains can be seen from the observation deck at Brisbane Lookout Mt Coot-tha. These spectacular views are only a short drive from the city centre. At night, the city lights and star-lit skies are spread before you.
For more information – Visit Brisbane!